By agreeing to these terms and conditions, I acknowledge:
- I undertake to pay all fees as they become due, and to meet any late fees and collection charges associated with debt recovery.
- I must comply with the published rules and policies of Yoobee Colleges New Zealand with regard to attendance, academic integrity and progress, conduct, health & safety and to provide Yoobee Colleges New Zealand with up-to-date contact information.
- I must have access to a computer, computer equipment, computer software and internet connection which meet Yoobee Colleges, Online specifications while completing my course.
- I may be required, depending on my particular course, to provide additional equipment or materials or undertake additional studies or certifications as set out on the Yoobee Colleges, Online website at my own expense.
- I must maintain a current email address for the duration of my course as Yoobee Colleges, Online will communicate with me via email and through Yoobee Online.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, I consent:
- to the disclosure of personal information as described in section A ‘Privacy Statement - Use of Information’
- to Yoobee Colleges New Zealand contacting me via telephone, post, email and/or text message, regarding my enrolment and programme, during and after I have finished my studies, for Yoobee Colleges New Zealand services, Alumni news or events.
- to grant Yoobee Colleges non-exclusive rights to the use of work created by me through the course of my studies with Yoobee Colleges including, but not limited to, for use in Yoobee Colleges publications, advertising, publicity and promotions. Those rights may be exercised in any form during my studies or following the cessation of my enrolment.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, I declare:
- to the best of my knowledge all the information supplied on, and with, this application and enrolment form is true and complete.
- where I have supplied a National Student Index number on this enrolment form, and my NSI status is Active, I am the legitimate owner of the claimed identity.
- I understand that non-disclosure of relevant information and/or provision of false information may invalidate my enrolment application, and if the enrolment application is accepted, may lead to termination of my enrolment.
A | PRIVACY STATEMENT – USE OF INFORMATION
A copy of this document will be readily available to you upon request. You may request to see any information held about you and amend any errors in that information.
PRIVACY – Yoobee Colleges collects and stores information from this form and over the course of your enrolment to:
- Manage the business of Yoobee Colleges (including internal reporting, administrative processes and selection of scholarship and prize winners).
- Provide employment services
- Comply with the requirements of the Education Act 1989 and other legislation relating to maintenance of records and
- accountability for public funding.
- Supply information to government agencies and other organisations as set out below.
The Privacy Act came into force on 1 July 1993 with the stated aim of protecting the privacy of natural persons. It requires Yoobee Colleges to collect, hold, handle, use and disclose personal information in accordance with the twelve information privacy principles in the Act. http://www.privacy.org.nz/privacy-act
Supply of Information to Government Agencies and Other Organisation’s
Yoobee Colleges supplies data collected on this form and over the course of your enrolment to government agencies, including:
- The Ministry of Education.
- Immigration New Zealand (a branch of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment): for those who are not New
- Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- The Ministry of Social Development (Studylink): in relation to student loans and allowances.
- The New Zealand Qualifications Authority
- The Tertiary Education Commission
Those agencies use the data collected from tertiary education organisations to:
- Administer the tertiary education system, including allocating funding.
- Develop policy advice for government.
- Conduct statistical analysis and research.
Your personal details (name, date of birth and residency) as entered on this form will be included in the National Student Index and may be used in an authorised information matching programme with the New Zealand Birth Register.
The government agencies above may supply data collected on this form to: Statistics New Zealand for the purposes of integrating data with data collected by other government agencies, subject to the provisions of the Statistics Act 1975. Integrated data is used for the production of official statistics, to inform policy advice to government and for research purposes. In handling data supplied by you on this form, the government agencies are required to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993.
When required by law, Yoobee Colleges releases information to government agencies such as the New Zealand Police, Department of Justice, Ministry of Social Development, and the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC).
Information collected on this form may be supplied to other educational organisations for the purpose of verifying academic records.
In signing this enrolment form you authorise such disclosure on the understanding that Yoobee Colleges will observe the conditions governing the release of information, as set out in the Privacy Act 1993, the Vulnerable Children Act 2014, the Education Act 1989 and other relevant legislation.
Yoobee Colleges New Zealand Limited is registered as a Private Training Establishment (Education Provider 9324) by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority under the provisions of the Education Act 1989.